September 4, 2015
1. Strangers greet you with a statement that begins with, “Oh,” followed by “your hands are full,” “bet there’s never a dull moment at your house,” or my favorite, “I don’t know how you do it.”
2. Boxes of cereal generally last about two days….fewer if it contains chocolate or marshmallows. Longer if the word “bran” or “fiber” is a main ingredient.
3. The potty lid is often up. (Hey, it had to be included…see blog title.)
4. Anything, I mean, anything can turn into a competition. Examples: running the fastest, throwing the farthest, belching the loudest, holding a hand on the van window the longest, etc.
5. You understand the pain of stepping on a Lego. It compares to no other.
6. Stain removal methods have been exhausted. Sticks, sprays, home remedies…they’ve all been tried. If you’ve been on the journey for a while, zeal has diminished. You’ve come to terms with the fact that some things were meant to be.
7. You’ve discovered an eight inch stick in the washing machine. (True story. It even survived the spin cycle. Remarkably, so did the washer.)
8. Dirt, spills, and broken things do not rattle your cage.
9. You receive great assistance when coming home with grocery bags. Ulterior motives exist. The bags and their contents are attacked like a pack of famished wolves on prey.
10. Life is full of sweet, sweaty hugs.